WELCOME

THE FASHION DADDY WELCOMES YOU!



This fashionable and stylish blog is a collage of creative fresh ideas, filled with educated opinions, packed with flexible suggestions, stuffed with a lot of sense of humor and most of all, it is a place where people who enjoy fashion and style can use it as a resource, a channel to let out their passions or frustrations, a virtual mechanism to influence others with individualism and creativity. Anyone can use this blog to break the monotony of your lives—to have a good laugh or to initiate a thought. And if your life feels monotonous spice it up with a tiara or a new belt or a hat. This blog is not supposed to be the fashion police [never] because who can compete with Joan Rivers. This blog is not a serious literary document; instead, it is a fun registry about what we like to wear, our personal style and a life that’s unique, fun and imaginative. WARNING: This blog is not your average and stereotypical blog, this blog offers honesty, choices, fun ideas and a good time. Criticism is welcomed. Cynicism is encouraged!



3.02.2011

Fashionably Bad Light


Hasn't anyone felt like this before? Cold. Sasha Pivovarova my favorite Russian model. W July 2008.
"When tired bones tremble
From the cold
one kiss of your warmth
Heals the Soul
shine winter sun
make this cold Heart whole."
Lyrics by, Esperanza Spalding

I'm starting to get tired of winter, actually I'm tired of it now. Even our dog doesn't want to go out because it's too cold. I'm ready for spring to arrive and for people to be in a good mood and smile more. People hide their smile when winter lands and stays too long. During winter people get fiery very quickly and even hateful. I'm ready for people to be cheerful even when their situation(s) is awful, weak or a bitch. I'm also ready to shed all the winter layers--clothing. I'm tired of wearing sweaters, gloves, hats and scarves many of which I have knitted. I don't look good in hats unless is one that has been fitted on me and then shaped to my big head. I moisturize every day with Kiehl's Superbly Body Lotion, yet still, I'm tired of my skin feeling crispy but almost dry. But not really. Can you imagine what it must feel for people who do not use moisturizer? Ouch! I'm ready to wear linen [gentlemen listen up, linen is IN this season. It never went away] and shorts. Shorts that are appealing. I'm ready to maybe wear sandals but sandals that are goodlooking and not the clunky type. I've never worn ugly sandals; I used to have a great pair of Salvatore Ferragamo leather sandals but a former lover kept them. Thief. I don't like flip flops like the ones college kids wear. So mundane. I've never been one to admire men who wear ugly, dirty sandals (or shoes) like Teva's, they're so unattractive and pedestrian. I admire men who wear sandals and shoes for that matter, that are attractive and look swanky. They don't have to be, but at least look the part. Oh and I can't stand it when many men (mostly) and a lot of women do not TRIM their toe nails or SCRUB their heels before putting their sandals on. It's disgusting, gross and repulsive. Get a pedicure or spend some time taking care of your feet.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to wearing clothes that reveal a little more of my body (even though I'm a little overweight right now, but I'm working hard to look decent this summer. You just have to wait and see for yourself). In winter clothes everyone looks shapeless, round and boring. I'm excited to be free to be myself and to feel good about my body and also my life. I want to feel the sun strike my brown skin. And to smile more and to be less sad--winter puts me in a depressing mood and nobody looks good in winter light. It doesn't matter if you're the best looking person in the world, the hottest or the most gorgeous specimen; everyone looks bad in winter light. Face it and don't kid yourself either. It's true and it's no secret.

So today I'm feeling tired of the cold wind and the gloomy weather. Tired of the rain and yes, the snow too. Winter go away and let spring come our way. It's about time. And the dog might want to go out to play and do his thing too.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment