WELCOME

THE FASHION DADDY WELCOMES YOU!



This fashionable and stylish blog is a collage of creative fresh ideas, filled with educated opinions, packed with flexible suggestions, stuffed with a lot of sense of humor and most of all, it is a place where people who enjoy fashion and style can use it as a resource, a channel to let out their passions or frustrations, a virtual mechanism to influence others with individualism and creativity. Anyone can use this blog to break the monotony of your lives—to have a good laugh or to initiate a thought. And if your life feels monotonous spice it up with a tiara or a new belt or a hat. This blog is not supposed to be the fashion police [never] because who can compete with Joan Rivers. This blog is not a serious literary document; instead, it is a fun registry about what we like to wear, our personal style and a life that’s unique, fun and imaginative. WARNING: This blog is not your average and stereotypical blog, this blog offers honesty, choices, fun ideas and a good time. Criticism is welcomed. Cynicism is encouraged!



3.12.2011

Happy Birthday Vogue.It

How times have changed since the first Italian Vogue was published in 1965.
Left, 1965 cover. Right, 1988 cover the first to be directed by Franca Sozzani.

Italian Vogue March '11 by Steven Meisel. Dress Dolce & Gabbana.
I guess I’m a little late in wishing Vogue.it a HAPPY 1st ANNIVERSARY on the launch of their stylish and very chic site.  Vogue.it is such a great site for those like me, who are sort of addicted to fashion. Well, not addicted but great devotees of such a fickle and ever-changing industry. I have enjoyed this site since its momentous birth in February of 2010. Their archive is simply the best. Their fashionable cabinets are stuffed with great fashion history and a lot of eurojunk too. It’s hilarious to peruse through their site and see some of the funniest advertising and some the greatest fashion editorials. Can you believe Italian Vogue has only been around for 46 years? Is that possible? I thought they were as old as the Holy Scriptures. In fact, I thought Anna Piaggi worked as a stylist for Moses and Steven Meisel was an assistant to Mary Magdalene. But seriously, Vogue is committed to producing the most fabulous photographic stories and offering their readers material that is unlike any other—I must say, sometimes their obsession to celebrities is overwhelming. Especially to D list American starts who go abroad to promote their direct to DVD movies or who fell off the wagon. Personally, I want to see fashion and not sweaty drunken anti Semitic bullies or desperate undersexed starlets.

February '11 Italian Vogue--one for the ages.
Better late than never, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VOGUE.IT and continue offering your readers killer editorial productions, fun stories, up-to-the-minute feeds from the runways around the world. And don’t forget the garish gossip stories too. We all love a train-wreck and you do a good job at offering us plenty of celebrity dish. Keep up the good work and cheers to many more years of fabulosity.


The beautiful Sasha Pivovarova. Vogue December '05 by Steven Meisel.

All photographs courtesy of Vogue Italia/Vogue.it

2 comments:

  1. A GREAT BLOG !!!!
    I pray you are gay.................
    If not, that's OK, too ;)
    I'd love to see the hubs in some fashionable clothing, and love your look-books !!!
    About the gay part, I'm a fag-hag through and through :)
    Let's get to know each other !
    I love a male's perspective and don't have many.
    I am very DIY, Indie, a bit "eccentric", adore Marc Jacobs designs and would love to wrap myself in quality designer dresses, or better yet, seperates!
    But my wallet says otherwise, so I copy designer looks by thrifting similar stuff ;)
    I can't get enough hats ( especially vintage ) and i look great in a cowboy (sorry).............
    Thanks for popping by and I will be following you as well !
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I didn't offend :)
    I read you enjoyed humor and it was my attempt to be funny.
    I'm not funny sometimes ;)
    I really do like your blog and hope to see you growing and pop back in sometime!
    Here's to a forgiving blog-o-shere :)
    xXx
    Reva

    ReplyDelete