WELCOME

THE FASHION DADDY WELCOMES YOU!



This fashionable and stylish blog is a collage of creative fresh ideas, filled with educated opinions, packed with flexible suggestions, stuffed with a lot of sense of humor and most of all, it is a place where people who enjoy fashion and style can use it as a resource, a channel to let out their passions or frustrations, a virtual mechanism to influence others with individualism and creativity. Anyone can use this blog to break the monotony of your lives—to have a good laugh or to initiate a thought. And if your life feels monotonous spice it up with a tiara or a new belt or a hat. This blog is not supposed to be the fashion police [never] because who can compete with Joan Rivers. This blog is not a serious literary document; instead, it is a fun registry about what we like to wear, our personal style and a life that’s unique, fun and imaginative. WARNING: This blog is not your average and stereotypical blog, this blog offers honesty, choices, fun ideas and a good time. Criticism is welcomed. Cynicism is encouraged!



4.06.2011

Tales & Dreams



Creative, talented, wild, insanely scrutinized by everyone and they don't care.
Photos courtesy: Vogue.com

Angie and Courtney. One is condemned for her unfortunate actions and the other almost canonized for her charitable deeds. Both are equally beautiful, talented, strong women, good parents, and international super-starts and identified for their male couplings. These two ladies are also known for their colorful (wild) past and their extreme personality. They never seem to keep the public and their loyal fans bored or wondering where are they now? No way.
I forgot to mention these ladies share a passion for tattoos and both are particularly irascible. One said, “I’m driven. I am. I’m driven for some reason. But I don’t know where I’m going,” and the other uttered these words, “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” Can you tell who they are now? I don’t think you can but just in case—these two females have been nominated for an Oscar, one won and the other drank all the way home. One lost her husband to drugs, allegedly and she still doing drugs. Allegedly.


Angelina's beauty is natural; smartly she knows how to work with it. She's a diva.
Photos courtesy: Vogue.com

I had dinner with them at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel last Monday. One had a Kobe steak sashimi with spicy radishes salad and the other ate everything in the menu. I had no idea they were big eaters but I knew one was going to be hungry since she was about to travel to northern Africa and save the world and the other was hungry, had the munchies. I was delighted to meet for dinner since both ladies are supremely busy; one taking care of 10 kids or is it 12 and the other trying to figure out where she left her dignity and her bag of goods. I’m just a neophyte blogger who is sloppily trying to paint a picture of two iconic women Americans love (or hate—such a strong word) and apparently love to hate too.
It was fantastic to see these two fashionable ladies devour their dinner: the tempestuous songstress was definitively hungry and the starlet was mostly anxious, but communicative nonetheless. I couldn’t stop ogling at what they were wearing: the wild child was wearing a nude sleeveless Chanel couture frock with a pink satin ribbon around her pubescent hips. Girly, chic, but slightly overdone for dinner with a blogger; underdone for sitting across a modern day saint. She looked fantastic, ladylike-sophisticated in her own way. Her lipstick looked smeared around the edges and outdated for a modern woman—did Karl Lagerfeld approve of this unpredictable look? I don’t think so. Her hair looked better than it has in the past, then again, no expectations. As for the saint, the global ambassadress, the martyr and whatever else people chose to call her, she looked radiant. I will call her “kickass” because this woman can break you in two halves by just looking at you. Her tall skinny frame looked sophisticated in a black Versace two piece suit from the Spring collection. The skirt with the Greek key around the waist fitted this illustrious specimen perfectly. She had casually pulled her shinny black hair in a Jersey Shore sort-of-pony tail. It worked and she was working it! She was being careful about not showing too much skin since the skirt had a slit that came up all the way to her panocha. Look it up in a Spanish dictionary.


Highly misunderstood, this beauty is a smart cookie too and her wild personality a plus.
Photos courtesy: Vogue.com

I, on the other hand wore a black Ann Demeulemeester jacket and motorcycle boots—my jeans were apparently “delightful” and a “perfect fit” for the two ladies. I never dress up these days but when I do the effort is worth it. We chatted about fashion: who we like and who we are worried about. I didn’t mention anyone in particular but the saint mentioned a few and the wild child brought up designers such as Mizrahi and Galliano. But wait, aren’t these folks in trouble already? For different reasons of course. We laughed and got serious for a few minutes, then back to what girls do best—gossip. These two gals are the hot magma of gossip; they know what’s going on with everyone and they know everyone is talking about them. Including a few pesty bloggers. We talked about their kids and their future projects. Rehab was on the list for one of them. I’m just saying. Anyway, the time spent with these two wild, crazy ladies was absolutely fabulous and I look forward to doing it again soon. I got in my car and drove away thinking about how the public has lynched and crucified these two ladies for simply being themselves and for breaking societal norms and tearing down Hollywood expectations. I respect and admire them for different reasons and for the obvious too. All I have to say is that my dinner date with them was simply a brilliant dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment