WELCOME

THE FASHION DADDY WELCOMES YOU!



This fashionable and stylish blog is a collage of creative fresh ideas, filled with educated opinions, packed with flexible suggestions, stuffed with a lot of sense of humor and most of all, it is a place where people who enjoy fashion and style can use it as a resource, a channel to let out their passions or frustrations, a virtual mechanism to influence others with individualism and creativity. Anyone can use this blog to break the monotony of your lives—to have a good laugh or to initiate a thought. And if your life feels monotonous spice it up with a tiara or a new belt or a hat. This blog is not supposed to be the fashion police [never] because who can compete with Joan Rivers. This blog is not a serious literary document; instead, it is a fun registry about what we like to wear, our personal style and a life that’s unique, fun and imaginative. WARNING: This blog is not your average and stereotypical blog, this blog offers honesty, choices, fun ideas and a good time. Criticism is welcomed. Cynicism is encouraged!



1.28.2011

Why Write This Blog? Don't We Already Have Enough of Them?

Why write this blog? Because I like writing and I have enjoyed fashion since as far as I can remember. That’s it, nothing really serious like global peace. I was a fashion illustration student, a fashion model, a retail and design consultant, etc.  I enjoy fashion, culture and anything and everything in between. It will be fun, entertaining, pleasurable, and meaningful to have a medium to share our feelings and my knowledge about subjects I’m almost addicted to but not really. I’m also writing this blog because a lot of folks have encouraged me to do so, since they see the great potential and the skills I sometimes try to ignore. I need to express my gratitude to the many folks who throughout the years have encouraged me to do something in the field of fashion, style and life in general; and who have complimented my unique, cheap, yet chic style of dressing. I guess I finally listened.
As I mentioned before, I was a student of fashion (I attended the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising). I worked in retail for a handful of years and during my early twenties to early thirties I worked as a fashion model, which offered me the opportunity to work with some great talented photographers, stylists and makeup artists, designers and fellow models. Through the years, I have dissected many books that have been written about fashion, style, history, culture and people. Of course, I’m an avid reader of some great magazines and some that are not so great. But I still read them. Without sounding narcissistic and supercilious, according to some of my colleagues, friends and some family members I’m also a stylish and fashionable individual. I wear clothes accordingly. I just know when and how to mix designer labels, inexpensive items and a great vintage find. I’m not afraid to wear an old pair of jeans with a nice Prada white button down shirt and a pair of Calvin Klein leather boots out to dinner. In my humble opinion, fashion needs to be fun, modestly educated, spontaneous—not thought out as an architectural tour de force. And style is develops as one matures and as one is able to break the rules of the fashionable institution. Life is what we experience, what we seek to dream; what motivates us; what makes us laugh or cry; what we wish to try and everything that surrounds us. Together we’ll discover more about life and share plenty. A lot, if you wish.
When I worked as a sales consultant for a large retailer, a lot of women and some men used to approach me with questions such as; do I look good in this color? What do you think about this silhouette? Do you think this length is right for me? What’s the trend now? I could go on and on about what women wanted to know and about what I thought. I gave them my honest opinion and offered them a likeable and reasonable solution to their fashion dilemma. Women appreciated my honesty and admired my bravery. These experiences and many others have encouraged me to write this blog, which I hope readers can use to learn more about fashion, style, designers, lifestyle, beauty, color, design, craftsmanship, spontaneity, commerciality, accessibility and a myriad of other subjects. I must confess to you that, “I am not the fashion police, and I am not the encyclopedia of fashion or style. And I am not a life coach or either. I am not to be taken 110% serious—and you have the right to disagree with me and my word(s) at any time.” Having said that, I want to tell you that I’m excited to have started this project; I’m looking forward to collaborating with you the readers, and I’m thrilled to have a channel to express myself. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment